An elbow is a pipe fitting which is used as a connection point between two lengths of pipes to produce a change in the direction of flow in the pipe, usually at an angle of 90°, 45° or 180°. Elbows are also commonly referred as bends. 90° elbows are manufactured as SR (Short Radius) elbows and LR (Long Radius) elbows. 45° elbows are typically made as LR (Long Radius) elbows.
The long radius elbows have a center to end distance that is 1.5 times the NPS in inches (R=1.5D), while the short radius is equal to the NPS in inches (R=1.0D). Short radius elbows are generally used in tight areas, and long radius elbows are used when space is available and flow is more critical. We can also supply carbon steel elbows and stainless steel elbows in non-standard size angles such as 60°, 100°, 120° or 150° as per requirement
The ends may be machined for butt welding, threaded (usually female), or socketed, etc. When two ends differ in size, the fitting is called a reducing elbow or reducer elbow.
- Size(Outside Diameter): Seamless Elbow (1/2″ to 24″), ERW / Welded / Fabricated Elbow (1/2″ to 48″)
- Thickness: 3mm – 40mm / SCH5, SCH10, SCH20, SCH30, SCH40, STD, SCH80, XS, SCH60, SCH80, SCH120, SCH140, SCH160, XXS
- Bending Radius: R=1D to 10D, 15D, 20D
- Material Grades: Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Alloy Steel
- Manufacturing Standards: ANSI B16.9, ANSI B16.28, MSS-SP-43,DIN 2605, DIN 2615, DIN 2616, DIN 2617, DIN 28011, EN 10253-1, EN 10253-2
Butt Weld Pipe Elbow Material Grades -
- Stainless Steel Elbow; ASTM A403 WP Gr. 304, 304H, 309, 310, 316, 316L, 317L, 321, 347, 904L
- Carbon Steel Elbow: ASTM A 234 WPB, WPBW, WPHY 42, WPHY 46, WPHY 52, WPH 60, WPHY 65 & WPHY 70
- Low Temperature Carbon Steel Elbow: ASTM A420 WPL3, A420 WPL6
- Alloy Steel Elbow: ASTM / ASME A/SA 234 Gr. WP 1, WP 5, WP 9, WP 11, WP 12, WP 22, WP 91