Socket weld flange is a device that is welded to the end of pipe so that the pipe can be bolted to another pipe with a similar flange. Socket weld flange is similar to the slip-on flange in outline, but the bore is counterbored to accept pipe.Socket welding pipe flanges are typically used on smaller sizes of high pressure pipes. Socket weld flanges are widely used in high pressure systems such as hydraulic equipment and steam lines. Socket weld pipe flanges are attached by inserting the pipe into the socket end and then applying fillet weld around the hub of the flange. This allows for a smooth bore and better flow of the fluid or gas inside of the pipe. An optional internal weld may be applied in high stress applications.
- Size: 1/2″ (15 NB) to 48″ (1200 NB)
- Standards: ANSI B16.5, ANSI B16.47 Series A & B, MSS SP44, ASA, API-605, AWWA, Custom Drawings
- Pressure Ratings: Class 150, Class 300, Class 400, Class 600, Class 900, Class 1500, Class 2500, PN6, PN10, PN16, PN25, PN40, PN64 etc.
- Carbon Steel Socket Welding Flanges: ASTM A105/A105N, A350 LF1, LF2 CL1/CL2, LF3 CL1/CL2, A694 F42, F46, F48, F50, F52, F56, F60, F65, F70, A516.60, 65, 70 (Spectacle Blind Flange, Spacer Ring/Spade Flange), Steel RST37.2, C22.8
- Stainless Steel Socket Welding Flanges: ASTM A182 F202, F304/304L/304H, F316/316L, F316H, F316TI, F310, F321, F904L
- Flange Face Type: Flat Face (FF), Raised Face (RF), Ring Type Joint (RTJ)
- Coating/Surface Treatment: Anti-rust Paint, Oil Black Paint, Yellow Transparent, Zinc Plated, Cold and Hot Dip Galvanized